Data aggregation and normalization can be tricky, but don’t fret, we’ve answered all of your frequently asked questions here.
If you cannot find your issue in the sections below, please reach out to email@example.com
Where do I sign in to Libring Edge?
Why does my connections say "Pending Confirmation"?
Why am I seeing 'Invalid Credentials?
Invalid credential messages occur because incorrect credentials were entered into Libring Edge, the credentials have expired, or because the API access has not been enabled.
If you get a notification about invalid credentials, confirm whether your information is correct or needs updating. If it is a matter of confirming that you have enabled the API access, contact your Account Manager for the connection in question. For any other issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I ensure that I get the data I want from a connection?
You can add extra dimensions and metrics to a connection in the mapping feature of the connections Advanced Settings.
To see the fields that are available to map, click on the ‘Fields’ tab in the ‘Mappings’ section of the screen. Note that this needs to be done before you finish setting up a connection. If you want to add fields to an existing connection, contact your Account Manager for help.
How do I send files to upload into Libring?
If you have existing reports you wish to upload to Libring, you can do so via an organization-unique email address. There are two places where you can find this email address in your Libring Edge account:
1) Go to ‘Edit Organization’ and it will be visible on the bottom right side of the screen.
2) Go to ‘Add a Connection’ and select the ‘File’ connection, there will be a note in the ‘Credentials’ portion of the screen.
I have a connection I don't see on your list, can I still add it to my account?
Yes! We are constantly adding new connections to our solution. If you are currently a Libring customer, it is free to add a new connection. Simply fill out this form to get the process started. You can also click on ‘Didn’t find your connection?’ at the bottom of the connections list on Edge.
How do I add a connection on Libring?
Adding a connection is quick and easy. If you need help, watch this video tutorial.
Is there a way to make data normalization automatic?
Initial setup of your line items can be a little time consuming. However, you can create rules to help automate the normalization of the data coming into Libring Edge.
There are two ways to create rules:
1) To add a rule for incoming line items, clicking on the Rules tab and then ‘+ Rule’ on the right on the page side. Use the filter to search to narrow down the line items you wish to change. Then, type the new name/spelling in the boxes below. Click ‘Confirm’ to apply the rule. Note that this will not change any existing line items.
I made changes to the name of a dimension but I want to see what the original name was. Can I see this?
Yes! Whenever you make a change in Normalization, the original name for the dimension appears in grey underneath the new name.
I have a mediation connection but I don't want to see all the partners that come through. Can I exclude data?
Absolutely. No matter what your reasoning, you can always exclude data from a report. When it comes to mediation partners, you have two options for excluding data from reporting:
Go to Normalization and click on the ‘Partners’ tab.
1) You can send the partner to Audit by selecting the line item associated with it and select ‘Stream to Audit’ under the gear icon on the top left. This is recommended if you want to compare numbers between a network in mediation and its standalone connection.
2) You can also disable selected partners in the same menu by selecting ‘Disable’. This clears the data from Libring and excludes them from being collected. You can enabled again in the future if you chose to track the reporting again.
How can I make my Normalization stays up to date?
Make sure you follow these 7 steps to stay on top of your normalization!
This is my first time normalizing my data, what do I do?
Check out this video tutorial to learn more about how to normalize you data!
Am I able to change the look of the graph on the Report Center?
Do you have a list of metrics that you track available?
Why would I use Report Center for viewing reports over Pivot Table?
I want to set alerts for certain metrics. How do I do this?
Will my saved reports appear in both Pivot Table and Report Center?
Unfortunately, when a report is created it is only available in the feature used to create it.
I want to deduct my app store fees from my total revenue. Can I do this?
Yes! This can be done per connection. Navigate to ‘Advanced Settings’. Here you can set a revenue share for the connection. Simply set the percentage you want to see. For example, if an app store is taking 15% in fees, type 85% in the revenue share box.
Where do I change the base currency of my account?
If you wish to change the base currency of your account please contact email@example.com
I'd like to start using the Libring Reporting API. Where can I find the access token for this?
I need access to user-level data. How do I get this?
What does the message "Reporting api locked, data collection in process" mean?
If you make an API call while one or more of your connections are collecting data, you’ll see the message “Reporting api locked, data collection in process“.
This means that our API denied the request because it is locked during data collection, not returning any values. In this case you have 2 options:
- Use the Connection Status API to see if your data is ready to be pulled before making a Reporting API call.
- If you wish to retrieve your data anyway, you can run parameter query “lock_on_collection=false” that partially unlocks the API returning data for every connection that is not being collected at the time. The response will also contain an array showing the connections being collected at the time. Read more here.
210 Broadway #201,
Cambridge, MA 02139
+1 617 858 6051